About: Casetta Group is a hotel brand and management company overseeing The Pearl Hotel in San Diego, Casa Cody in Palm Springs, and Marina Riviera in Big Bear. Casetta is currently restoring Hotel Willa in Taos, New Mexico and a church in Silver Lake, Los Angeles.
Reporting to: Director of Operations, Casetta Group
Summary of Position: The General Manager will oversee the hotel’s pre-opening activity, operations, remodeling, and opening of the hotel. The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, day-to-day staff management, and guest satisfaction. The General Manager will provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations, and guest satisfaction, working closely with Casetta Group as necessary.
- Coordinating all the pre-opening activities on the hotel and coordinating with the construction team, and the construction timeline, and acting as a liaison between hotel personnel, construction contractors, and Casetta management.
- Assisting in overseeing and managing all on-site activities at hotel properties, including scope development, identifying, and managing designers, as well as consultants, and contractors.
- Project management including research of equipment, materials, supplies, and methods, sourcing and negotiating qualified supplier or contractors' bids, reviewing contracts, and quality control during all stages of the project.
- Develop long and short-range plans for the operation of the property. Ensure the plans, once approved, are properly executed. Ensure operational standards are communicated, trained, and maintained.
- Assist and coordinate timely budget and forecasts regarding, but not limited to business levels, financial requirements, personnel needs, and organization plans needed to support the resort operations.
- Oversee the operations functions of the hotel.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all department heads.
- Ensure full compliance with hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures, and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service, and refurbishment.
- Handling complaints and overseeing the service recovery procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation, and subsequent achievement of the hotel's annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan, and Capital Budget.
- Manage the ongoing profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short- and long-term strategic goals for the property.
- Developing improvement actions, carrying out costs savings.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies.
- Closely monitor the hotel’s business reports daily and make decisions accordingly.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Admin & General, are on target and accurate.
- Maximizing room yield and hotel/resort revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the owners and stakeholders.
- Recruit, select, train, and manage team members to deliver guest services and quality products that will lead to achieving goals for revenue and profit.
- Properly administer company policies and procedures for human resources management, payroll administration, personnel transactions, and fair treatment of team members. Conduct wage surveys to provide input to the annual budget and to ensure that the hotel is offering competitive wages.
- Train and develop assigned potential management candidates and trainees in accordance with Human Resources programs and guidelines.
- Train staff to successfully perform guest service procedures in accordance with company standards.
- Monitoring, ordering, and effectively managing supplies and inventory.
- Preparing transient occupancy and any other local government tax forms and adhering to applicable regulations.
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations, and other legal requirements.
- Serving as an ambassador of the property and engaging the community.
- All other duties are at the discretion of the Director of Operations and Ownership.
- The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding, management skills and extensive hands-on experience. Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, or a similar field preferred.
- 3+ years of senior management and leadership experience required.
- Previous work experience directly in pre opening hotel preferred.
- Hotel pre-construction or renovation experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with CRM systems, and project management tools.
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Note: This job description is not intended to be a contract for employment, and the employer reserves the right to make any necessary revisions to the job description at any time.
The job description will also include any other tasks as directed by the Company.