Accountable To: Housekeeping Supervisor/General Manager
Responsibilities include cleaning rooms and common areas, disposing of trash, changing beds, and notifying the housekeeping supervisor of any issues.
- Removes soiled bed and bath linens and replaces them with clean linens as required.
- Removes accumulated trash and debris from the room as required.
- Cleans bathroom area.
- Dusts all surfaces.
- Replenishes promotional materials and literature.
- Replenishes room amenities.
- Vacuums, broom and mop rooms.
- Report unusual circumstances, or trespassers to your housekeeping supervisor.
- Reports maintenance requests and replacement orders.
- Turns in articles left in rooms to the Housekeeping supervisor for “Lost and Found” handling.
- Before making bed, dust the hanging pictures over the bed.
- Does not place stained linen or pillowcases on the bed.
- After the bed is made, make sure that the bedspread is clean, if it is dirty, report it to the supervisor who will get a clean bedspread for the change.
- Dusts all light bulbs, lampshades, telephone, window ledges, drawers, desks and legs, luggage bench, air conditioner vents, and top of television.
- Wipes off any smudges on the window.
- Keep the linen closet tidy when removing linen.
- When the cart is full of trash and linen, notify the housekeeping supervisor.
- Replenish amenities: shampoo, conditioner, lotion, bath gel, or soap.
- The cart must be cleaned before leaving for the day, no trash, fruit, or lost and found items should be left on the cart.
- Maximizes job efficiency and neat, orderly appearance by maintaining supply cards and vacuum cleaners.
- Ensure quality and quantity of the contents of the linen closet by organizing and cleaning it.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Attends work as scheduled.
- Follows dress and grooming standards.
- Minimizes safety hazards by following all safety rules and procedures.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Skills and Abilities
- Active listening
- Ability to work with little or no supervision while
- Ability to follow instructions
- Good problem solver
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Pushing/Pulling: Average weight a minimum of 40lbs constantly
- Lifting/Carrying: Average weight a minimum of 40lbs constantly
- Standing/Walking: Constantly
- Kneeling/Crawling: Constantly
- Reaching: Constantly